No products in the cart.
- The next generation of printing is here. Print professional-quality colour – up to twice the speed and half the cost per page of colour lasers, using HP PageWide Technology. Help workgroups thrive with versatile functions and easy manageability.
- Professional-quality colour at up to twice the speed and half the cost per page of colour lasers; workgroup efficiency; proactive manageability.
Up to twice the speed and half the cost of lasers.
- Produce quality prints with Original HP inks, and save up to 50% on printing costs versus colour lasers.
- This advanced MFP delivers vivid colour at breakthrough speeds to save you time and resources. HP PageWide Technology makes it possible.
- New General Office mode delivers high-quality prints at top speeds while saving ink, time, and money.
- Print brilliantly at breakthrough speed with the same HP PageWide Technology found in top-end digital presses.
Empower workgroups with an easy-to-manage MFP.
- Tap and swipe the intuitive 4.3-inch colour touchscreen to print, copy, scan, fax, and send digital files.
- Proactively manage this device and remotely monitor status with industry-leading tools like HP Web Jetadmin.
- Print up to 9,200 pages per cartridge and load up to 1,050 sheets at once with the optional paper tray.
- Depend on HP for reliable workgroup printing designed for high volumes up to 2,800 pages per month.
Connect and print at the office or on the go.
- Print wirelessly, and share access with PCs, tablets, and mobile deviceseven with no network or router.
- Print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.
- Add this ePrinter to your office Ethernet network to easily share with your workgroup.
- Walk up and print right away, using the easy-access USB port. Print files directly from your thumb drive.
Conserve resources without sacrificing performance.
- Keep costs in line. This ENERGY STAR qualified ePrinter uses up to 50% less energy than colour lasers.
- Save up to 50% on paper with automatic two-sided printing, and maintain efficiency at breakthrough speeds.
- Conserve resources, using up to 50% less cartridge and packaging material by weight compared with colour lasers.
- Reduce your impact easily recycle your Original HP ink cartridges for free through HP Planet Partners.
- Comparison based on manufacturers’ published specifications of fastest available colour mode (as of March 2012) and includes colour laser MFPs < $1,000 USD and colour laser printers < $800 USD as of March 2012, based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q1 2012 and HP internal testing of printer in fastest available colour mode (sample 4-page category documents tested from ISO 24734). For more information, see www.hp.com/go/printerspeeds.
- Cost per page (CPP) claim is based on the majority of colour laser MFPs < $1,000 USD and colour laser printers < $800 USD as of March 2012, based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q1 2012. ISO yield is based on continuous printing in default mode. CPP comparisons for laser supplies are based on published specifications of the manufacturers highest-capacity cartridges. For details, see www.hp.com/go/officejet. CPP based on HP 970XL/971XL ink cartridges’ estimated street price. For more information, see www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
- Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. App availability varies by country, language, and agreements, and requires a firmware upgrade. For details, visit www.hpconnected.com.
- Page volume based on HP 970XL black ink cartridge.
- Capacity up to 1,050 sheets with optional 1×500 sheet accessory paper tray not included; please purchase separately.
- Requires an Internet connection to an HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration. For a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details, see www.hpconnected.com. Mobile devices require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
- Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only.
- An app or driver may be required to use HP wireless direct, for more info go to www.hpconnected.com. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
- Majority of colour laser printers < $800 USD and colour laser MFPs < $1000 as of August 2012. Energy use based on HP and HP commissioned third-party testing. Actual cost and energy usage may vary. For details, see www.hp.com/go/officejet.
- Compares weight of empty cartridge and packaging materials needed for 15,000 pages using highest-capacity cartridges of major in-class competitors’ colour laser MFPs < $1,000 USD and colour laser printers < $800 USD as of October 2012. Tested by Buyers Lab Inc. For details, see www.hp.com/go/officejet.
- Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in 47 countries, territories, and regions in Asia, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, visit www.hp.com/recycle.
Print, copy, scan, digital send, fax, easy access USB drive, web
Print speed black:
ISO Laser comparable:Up to 36 ppm
Draft:Up to 55 ppm
Print speed color:
ISO Laser comparable:Up to 36 ppm
Draft:Up to 55 ppm
(ISO speeds measured using ISO/IEC 24734. Excludes first page or first set of ISO test pages. For details see hp.com/go/printerclaims )
(Average based on ISO/IEC 24711 or HP testing methodology and continuous printing. Actual yield varies considerably based on content of printed pages and other factors. Some ink from included cartridge is used to start up the printer. For details see hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies )
First page out (ready)
Black:As fast as 9.5 sec
Color:As fast as 9.5 sec
Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 50,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups. )
Recommended monthly page volume
500 to 2800
(HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
HP Pagewide Technology with pigmented inks
Print quality (best)
Color:Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi from 600 x 600 input dpi (on HP Advanced Photo Papers)
Black:Up to 1200 x 1200 optimized dpi from 600 x 600 input dpi (on Unspecified, Plain, HP Premium Presentation Matte, and HP Brochure Matte)
4.3″ CGD (color graphics), touchscreen
Number of print cartridges
4 (1 each black, cyan, magenta, yellow)
HP PCL5c, HP PCLXL (PCL6), native PDF, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
Automatic paper sensor
HP ePrint capability
Mobile printing capability
HP ePrint, HP ePrint Mobile Apps, Google Cloud Print, HP ePrint Wireless Direct, Apple AirPrint
(HP ePrint requires an Internet connection to the printer and an Account Registration with HP Web Services. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types for HP ePrint, see hp.com/go/eprintcenter. AirPrint and the AirPrint Logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AirPrint requires the printer be connected to the same network as your Apple device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. For additional solutions, see hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.)
2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host
1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device
1 Ethernet 10/100 Base-TX network
1 RJ-11 modem port
802.11 b/g/n Station
802.11 b/g Access Point
Support the following external Jetdirect servers
Print only: HP Jetdirect en1700 External Print Server (J7988G), HP Jetdirect en3700 Fast-Ethernet External Print Server for Network Capable Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Peripherals (J7942G), HP Jetdirect ew2400 802.11b/g wireless and Fast Ethernet external print server (USB 2.0, 10/100Base-TX, 802.11b/g) (J7951G), HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server (J8021A)
Other supported accessories: Apple AirPort Express, Apple AirPort Extreme, Apple Airport TimeCapsule
Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer; Windows Vista: 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 2 GB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer; Windows XP (SP3) or higher (32-bit only): any Intel Pentium II, Celeron or compatible processor, 233 MHz or higher, 750 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection, USB port, Internet Explorer 6 or higher; Linux: For more information, see hplip.net; SAP: For more information see hp.com/go/sap/drivers;
Mac OS X v10.6, OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion; Intel Core Processor; 1 GB available hard disk space; CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection; USB port
Compatible operating systems
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP3, 32-bit), Mac OS X v10.6, Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Linux (hplip.net)
Memory card compatibility
Paper handling input, optional
Optional 500 sheet tray
Finished output handling
Media sizes supported
Tray 1: Oficio; A4; A5; A6; B5 (JIS); B6 (JIS); 16K; 10 x 15 cm; L; Hagaki; envelopes (B5; C5; C6; DL; Chou #3; Chou #4); Tray 2: A4; A5; B5 (JIS); 16K; envelopes (DL; B5; C5; Chou #3); Tray 3: A4; A5; B5 (JIS); 16K
Plain paper (light, intermediate, mid-weight, heavy, extra heavy, prepunched, recycled, bond, other inkjet plain paper), photo (glossy, gloss, soft gloss, satin, matte, other inkjet photo), envelopes, labels, cards, specialty papers (glossy brochure, matte brochure, tri-fold brochure, Hagaki, greeting cards, other inkjet specialty paper)
Media weights, recommended
60 to 120 g/m (plain paper); 125 to 300 g/m (photo); 75 to 90 g/m (envelope); 120 to 180 g/m (brochure); 163 to 200 g/m (card)
Media weights, supported
Tray 1: 60 to 120 g/m (plain paper); 125 to 300 g/m (photo); 75 to 90 g/m (envelope); 120 to 180 g/m (brochure); 163 to 200 g/m (card). Tray 2: 60 to 120 g/m (plain paper); 125 to 250 g/m (photo); 75 to 90 g/m (envelope); 120 to 180 g/m (brochure); 163 to 200 g/m (card). Tray 3: 60 to 120 g/m (plain paper); 125 to 250 g/m (photo); 120 to 180 g/m (brochure); 163 to 200 g/m (card)
Scan file format
Scan File Type supported by Software: Bitmap (.bmp), JPEG (.jpg), PDF (.pdf), PNG (.png), Rich Text (.rtf), Searchable PDF (.pdf), Text (.txt), TIFF (.tif)
Scan resolution, optical
Up to 1200 dpi
Scan size (flatbed), maximum
216 x 356 mm
Scan size (ADF), maximum
216 x 356 mm
Duplex ADF scanning
Automatic document feeder capacity
Standard, 50 sheets
Digital sending standard features
Scan-to E-mail; Scan-to Network Folder; Scan-to USB; Fax Archive-to Network Folder; Fax Archive to E-mail; Fax-to Computer
File formats, supported
Digital Send: PDF, JPEG, TIFF; Scan to easy access USB: PDF, JPEG, TIFF; Print from easy access USB: PDF, JPEG, TIFF
Copy speed (draft)
Black:Up to 55 cpm
Color:Up to 55 cpm
Copy resolution (black text)
Up to 600 dpi
Copy resolution (color text and graphics)
Up to 600 dpi
Copy reduce / enlarge settings
25 to 400%
Up to 99 copies
Fax transmission speed:
Up to 100 pages (black and white); Up to 8 pages (color)
300 x 300 dpi
Speed dials, maximum number
Up to 99 numbers
Power and operating requirements
Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
100 watts (Maximum), 70 watts average (Printing), 10 watts (Ready), 4.8 watts (Sleep), 1.0 watt (Auto-Off), 0.2 watts (Manual-Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Power consumption in Sleep modes depends on customer network switch capability, user configuration and network activity.)
ENERGY STAR, China CEL, China CCC and CECP
Dimensions and weight
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
517 x 399 x 517 mm
Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
678 x 670 x 517 mm (with MP tray down, main tray extended, output tray extension in legal position)
What’s in the box
HP Officejet Pro X476dw Multifunction Printer
HP 970 Setup Black Ink Cartridge
HP 971 Setup Cyan Ink Cartridge
HP 971 Setup Magenta Ink Cartridge
HP 971 Setup Yellow Ink Cartridge
CD-ROMs (for software, Windows and Mac printer drivers, and User’s Guide). [Average based on ISO/IEC 24711 or HP testing methodology and continuous printing. Actual yield varies considerably based on content of printed pages and other factors. Some ink from included cartridge is used to start up the printer. For details see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies]
No, please purchase USB cable separately
Windows Installer and discrete PCL 6 driver; Mac Installer and PS driver; HP Update; HP Participation Study; Bing Toolbar; HP Smart Print; IRIS OCR
One-year limited hardware warranty, 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support, business hour phone support within warranty period
Laser Multi-function (Fax, Print, Scan, Copy, PC-Fax)
3 seconds Transmission Speed (G3)
480 pages Document Memory (for out of paper reception)
50 pages Auto Document Feeder
250 sheets Paper Tray expandable to 500 sheets
6ppm Print Speed